Parenting Consultant and Educator
Taylor is a Parenting consultant, educator, speaker, workshop leader, and social-emotional coach who specializes in helping children, families and communities build and repair healthy dynamics by providing a safe and empathetic environment while helping clients integrate an understanding of:
- Child and brain development
- Building a culture and language that honors human feelings and needs
- The importance of the strength and nature of the attachment relationship
- Aggression, counter-will, rupture, and repair
- The relevance of parental/caregiver self awareness
- Stress and mindfulness
- Setting developmentally appropriate limits
- Shifting the adult/child dynamic from control to connection
- Practicing nonviolence
- Trauma, loss and resilience
- Age appropriate approaches to challenging conversations
Taylor’s passion for supporting the emotional wellbeing of families has led her to seek a unique variety of trainings and educate in a variety of settings. She is a U-Mass Boston Infant-Parent Mental Health graduate, has certificates in Buddhist Psychology and Meditation and Non-Violent Parenting and Education. She is in her third year of Somatic Experiencing Trauma Training and has been trained in Mediation and Parenting Coordination. She has spoken at dozens of nursery and elementary schools throughout Oakland, San Francisco, Marin County and Sonoma County, and was recently a guest on the parenting podcasts Honest Mamas and Solo Parent Life. She has given talks on parenting in a variety of settings including The California Convention for Parent Participation Nursery Schools (CCPPNS) and the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Taylor is based in Marin County, CA, and offers her services through Silver Lake Psychotherapy via Skype. Insurance will not reimburse for sessions with Taylor. She is not a psychotherapist and she does not have a degree in counseling or psychotherapy. Rather she is an expert coach end educator in the realm of parenting.